Saturday, April 11, 2020

Boundaries

The term, the boundary is defined as a limit of a subject or sphere of activity. Every child is taught at a young age of what boundary is and not to cross it. Sure, there are those outliers that could never read a room and always cross the line.


I have experienced these outliers a few times and now it has happened in my backyard. I guess that is why I am not as communicated as I like since people just don't know how to limit what they. They just must be in the know and never think to themselves "should I do this," or "will this hurt someone if I make this decision". Some people are aware of human nature and themselves at a certain level to always think of those questions because they want to keep the connection that they have made. 

You must think that this type of situation only happens to young adults or kids. But no, it can happen at any ages and I just wonder when they overstep their boundary. "Do you care for the other individual"? Of course, you will jump out of your chair stating loud that you do. It is a valid rejection and here is my response "why did you overstep that person's boundary and hurt him/her"? Remember the saying that "trust is hard to gain but easy to lose". 

Every time, you cross the line and you will cause that person to keep a certain distance more and more. It does not matter what type of relationship you guys have. If you cannot distinguish what a boundary is in a personal sense, then maybe you need to relearn it or learn how to communicate first without deciding.

No comments:

Post a Comment